EVERYTHING ABOUT DISC
DISC is a set of 4 styles of behaviour developed on the basis of studies carried out by an American psychologist, Dr. William Marston (1893-1947). When he analysed human behaviour in a particular environment and in specific situations he noticed that people representing similar styles usually behave in very similar ways. Interestingly, each of us has these four styles of behaviour inside, but in varying degrees of intensity; DISC is an abbreviation the names of the individual styles: Dominant, Influencing, Steady, Compliant.
The DISC Personality Assessment competence test gives feedback on the communication style, inherent skills in the field of sales and individual approach to customer service, factors motivating to achieve results; it determines the level of decisiveness, resistance to stress, attitude to change, analytical skills, preferred team roles and values in the workplace.
People are different, but their behaviour is very predictable.
People are the key to everything. The right employees on the right positions is what separates success from failure. Understanding human behaviour is the key to hiring the best employees and later to managing them in a way which would motivate them to work and help them understand the role they play in the team and the objective they are to meet.
What does DISC Personality Assessment determine and measure?
- What are your strengths and what motivates you to achieve even better results?
- How do you manage with difficult, crisis situations?
- How do you perceive the change – as an opportunity or an obstacle? How quickly do you adapt to change?
- What attitude do you adopt towards the existing standards and procedures?
- How do you try to influence the behaviour of others or convince them to see your point of view?
- How do you choose the arguments during a conversation?
DISC Personality Assessment is an effective tool, if you want to:
- Hire the right person for a specific post at first attempt or retain the best employees
- Increase efficiency of the sales and customer service team
- Quickly and effectively implement changes in the team/ company
- Resolve a conflict in a team
- Develop leadership skills, etc.